Post-It & other random thoughts
Yup, thats one brand that I have my total weakness in. I love everything from 3M. And kudos to the one man that made a mistake in his glue consistencies and made the notepad a success.
I went to a stationery store yesterday and they have a fantastic array of Post-it products that comes in various shape, colors & sizes and I nearly swoon right then and there. Felt like buying everying that I could get my hands on. Of cuz reality kicked in.
I met a old primary school friend just 2 weeks back, I took a cab going home from geylang and was sitting back, getting comfortable with the aircon when I chance upon the cab-driver's id. I don't exactly remember the face, but I do remember the name, thus I initiate the conversation.
Well its is AA and he's part-time cabby and a freelance graphic designer. He's my age and not married as well and we talked abt old friends, whom we hv keep in touch and whom we hv lost contacts and how many of us turned to drugs whilst growing up (my near-by neighhourhood at that time was quite famous for such indulgence). We did lots of touch-base on that 30mins journey and before we part ways, we exchanged mobile numbers.
Eversince than we've been sms-ing one another quite regularly and we agree to meet-up one of these days when he's cabbing. On one of his text msgs to me, he told me (this is his exact text to me); "I give you a News in Brief...my mum had a virus attack that damaged her brains, initially docs thought it was stroke. She is now demented, 5 days a week I put her in day care centre for demented people cuz caring for her become very stressful and it did take a toll on my dad."
"So every morning my dad & me have to bathe her & get her ready. Now its better. I have made it easier. Once upon a time, my mom was on feeding tube & things were very difficult......."
I felt really sorry for him!!! He said that he hv a huge responsibility now and he have no qualm abt it. His mom is only 62years old and she's been demented mere 6mths ago. So I told him that my mom is 10years older than his, but alhamdulilah my mom is still fit and a pain in the butt most of her waking hours but now after knowing abt his mom all of the sudden I felt bless.
Bless because my mom is still independent and healthy. True she's a chronic smoker and a has a high BP but thats about all she have. No other mental or health challenges to speak of and she's still active. That's important, to be able to be mobile even at that age.
Comments